Digimon Believers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP: 2012-2014

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OPEN TOPIC

Go down 
+15
Zemekis11
ArtMinded
~ E L I ~
Dreammaker
Snoofles
Waffle Patamon
Lord
Catzhulius
icedevil
Arlo
1337F0X
JadedAF
AnimeGenork
Duskleaf
Pugabu
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyThu 05 May 2016, 12:08 pm

Hello old members, wanderers, trolls. I keep getting notifications of members joining, so I thought I'd open up a single topic for people to talk in. I won't be bringing this forum back though, it's had its time, as well as every other forum I've made.

If you're looking for other believers, PM me. I can't divulge any more information about the community, as there are always trolls lurking about. Anyways, enjoy this topic. It'll be open until hell freezes over.

EDIT: Please only refer to me as Pu (or whatever username I have at the time) on this site. Nothing else!!

Last edited by pu on Thu 05 May 2016, 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Duskleaf

Duskleaf

Birthday : 1993-10-15

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyThu 05 May 2016, 7:04 pm

Well, this is interesting and unexpected.

I used to be a Digimon believer, on and off, when I was younger. I think the last time I believed was in 2012. Though I'm no longer a believer, I find certain beliefs fascinating. Belief in Digimon is one of those I like to read about, but unfortunately it seems like the believer community is basically dead. It's hard to find good information on it, since most of what comes up are threads on various forums with people making fun of believers. I find that sad, and some of the things those people say are just plain cruel.

I'd love to hear about people's beliefs in this thread, though. :) I hope at least some people end up posting in this thread, as I'm interested in what they have to say.
Back to top Go down
SHOUTMON01

SHOUTMON01

Birthday : 2002-11-07
Job/hobbies : Science

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyThu 05 May 2016, 8:21 pm

Well Ru, your killing me XD i am trying to get in contact to you for a question, please i want that question answered.

Yay i feel old posting here since i was younger (I think 10 or 11) when i started here posting XD
Back to top Go down
https://discord.gg/awJRUjk
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyThu 05 May 2016, 10:10 pm

Duskleaf wrote:
Well, this is interesting and unexpected.

I used to be a Digimon believer, on and off, when I was younger. I think the last time I believed was in 2012. Though I'm no longer a believer, I find certain beliefs fascinating. Belief in Digimon is one of those I like to read about, but unfortunately it seems like the believer community is basically dead. It's hard to find good information on it, since most of what comes up are threads on various forums with people making fun of believers. I find that sad, and some of the things those people say are just plain cruel.

I'd love to hear about people's beliefs in this thread, though. :) I hope at least some people end up posting in this thread, as I'm interested in what they have to say.

Yeah, I wanted to let this place die completely, but we kept having new members join. They might have just been bots or wandering trolls though, who knows. Still, I don't think any harm could come from having this one topic open for everyone. If anything, it should prove quite entertaining, lol.

It's certainly nostalgic to me, since the first forum I ever made that actually got lots of attention. Funny story is, that I did this in 2012, and immediately forgot about it. Then, like a year later, I rediscovered it and realized it was packed with a bunch of people, and there was even a chat, lol. It was crazy.

A lot of things happened afterwards, but long story short, the site slowly died, and a lot of us just scattered to other sites and stuff. I still keep in touch with a lot of people, as we all became friends, so that's really cool.

SHOUTMON01 wrote:
Well Ru, your killing me XD i am trying to get in contact to you for a question, please i want that question answered.

Yay i feel old posting here since i was younger (I think 10 or 11) when i started here posting XD

Lol did you mean Pu*? If so, I don't know where you kept trying to contact me on. Just PM me here!

And I know right? I've grown a whoooole lot since I first made this site. It really does feel nostalgic, lol.
Back to top Go down
AnimeGenork

AnimeGenork

Birthday : 2000-11-03
Job/hobbies : Reading, Writing, Digimon, Anime, Various Other Things

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: My Belief Will Never Die   OPEN TOPIC EmptyThu 05 May 2016, 10:50 pm

Ever since I found Digimon, it's become the best thing in my life. If I had never found it, I wouldn't be the person I am today. It saved me from falling into needless depression, and it continues to make me feel good when I'm feeling low. I can never express enough gratitude for what Digimon has given me. May Hope and Light shine bright in all of us.

Plus, you know. Tai is my husbando. I can't live without him.

And in case you're wondering
I found this site through Google Images. I was searching through Digimon pics (as I am wont to do), and I found one that said, "If you think you're alone, you're not. There are others who believe in Digimon," or something like that. And I was excited, because Digimon is my favorite thing in the world, and the fact that something like this site existed was just extraordinary.

So thank you, Pu. Thank you. OPEN TOPIC 3236171504
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyThu 05 May 2016, 11:08 pm

AnimeGenork wrote:
Ever since I found Digimon, it's become the best thing in my life. If I had never found it, I wouldn't be the person I am today. It saved me from falling into needless depression, and it continues to make me feel good when I'm feeling low. I can never express enough gratitude for what Digimon has given me. May Hope and Light shine bright in all of us.

Plus, you know. Tai is my husbando. I can't live without him.

And in case you're wondering
I found this site through Google Images. I was searching through Digimon pics (as I am wont to do), and I found one that said, "If you think you're alone, you're not. There are others who believe in Digimon," or something like that. And I was excited, because Digimon is my favorite thing in the world, and the fact that something like this site existed was just extraordinary.

So thank you, Pu. Thank you. OPEN TOPIC 3236171504

First of all, I want to welcome you to DB! It's so refreshing to have a new member after so many years. It's great to meet you. What can we call you?

Also, you're very welcome! To be honest, seeing your registration was what finally led me to open up a topic, lol. I just figured "what the hell" and went for it. I'm glad I did, this topic alone can bring a lot of conversation. There was actually a single topic some years back, that everyone used to talk in, so maybe this'll take its place, lol.

Anyways, I think I know which image you're referring to:

OPEN TOPIC Cd7895b27jr5O

LOL, Oh my god.... how embarrassing  OPEN TOPIC 2828593348   I was putting up such a persona at the time, trying to be all inspiring and crap. "Let us create unity, once again" *Screams*

Either way, I'm glad you made your way down here, hope to get to know ya!
Back to top Go down
JadedAF

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyThu 05 May 2016, 11:51 pm

Believing in Digimon for half my life made me hate Digimon, not angry hate, apathetic hate. Waiting that long for something messes you up, man.

idk I hope you all get what you're looking for but don't get your hopes up cuz it'll just bum you out if nothing happens.
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyFri 06 May 2016, 2:10 am

JadedAF wrote:
Believing in Digimon for half my life made me hate Digimon, not angry hate, apathetic hate. Waiting that long for something messes you up, man.

idk I hope you all get what you're looking for but don't get your hopes up cuz it'll just bum you out if nothing happens.

I was gonna reply earlier, but I was too lazy, and now I'm too tired and about to go to bed, but before I forget; that's good advice.

It's definitely bad to let the belief consume you, cause it can surely ruin digimon for you. I know people-- myself included too, who have just either grown to hate digimon, or have become completely indifferent about it.

There definitely needs to be a balance between fantasy and reality. I know a lot of people who take the whole digimon business way too seriously, and live their whole lives around it. Now, I'm not saying that's bad, if it helps you cope with stuff, but for other people, this causes nothing but grief and disappointments.

I'm the type of person who has a lot of fun believing, because it's a fun way to just escape reality. I'm not a particularly sad person, but I do suffer from a couple of mental illnesses and emotional issues, and thinking about real digimon helps me cope. There are other things that I find help me now, but some years back, and sometimes to this day, digimon still helps. Even though I've come to feel indifferent about it.

I have a lot of friends, who claim to have partners and have all these extraordinary adventures with them, and as much as I would love to back them up and say "yes that's all totally true", I can't. There's no actual proof. No matter what questions I ask, I never truly get the answers I need. But then again, I'm always questioning things.

And I don't say this, to throw my friends under the bus. Nor that they are liars, but I personally, just can't confirm that what they say is true, because their experiences are theirs only. So it's hard to believe in something that you can't see, feel or just experience for yourself, you know? And I'm always stressing this to them, to make sure they understand where I stand in all of this.

And I'm someone who's tried, and tried and tried again. Ever since I joined the community. Before I even made this site. I haven't been around for too long, but long enough to stay on my lane and just let others believe what they want. As long as nobody's getting hurt, there's nothing wrong, right?

TL;DR? Have fun by all means, but don't let digimon ruin your life.
Back to top Go down
Duskleaf

Duskleaf

Birthday : 1993-10-15

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyFri 06 May 2016, 10:55 am

For me, my belief never became so huge or lasted long enough (like I said before, it was sort of on and off over the years) to ruin Digimon for me. I still love the show, though I haven't seen most of the eps yet, though I have seen season one. I even got a few season box sets from Amazon a long while ago.

I first believed in Digimon in 2008. I experimented with a lot of beliefs that year and Digimon was one of them. I remember thinking that my partner was Lopmon at first, and though it changed sometimes, I kept going back to Lopmon. At one point in 2008 I had a YouTube channel with these silly videos defending Digimon belief. xD They were embarrassing in a way and also made with Windows Movie Maker. Basically they had a song in the bg, with pictures and/or clips from the show, and sometimes text.
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyFri 06 May 2016, 11:50 am

Duskleaf wrote:
For me, my belief never became so huge or lasted long enough (like I said before, it was sort of on and off over the years) to ruin Digimon for me. I still love the show, though I haven't seen most of the eps yet, though I have seen season one. I even got a few season box sets from Amazon a long while ago.

I first believed in Digimon in 2008. I experimented with a lot of beliefs that year and Digimon was one of them. I remember thinking that my partner was Lopmon at first, and though it changed sometimes, I kept going back to Lopmon. At one point in 2008 I had a YouTube channel with these silly videos defending Digimon belief. xD They were embarrassing in a way and also made with Windows Movie Maker. Basically they had a song in the bg, with pictures and/or clips from the show, and sometimes text.

Dude... I made a video like that too, but promoting this site, lol. I did a lot of promo for DB. How embarrassing oh my godddd. I think anyone who's been around for a while has had an embarrassing phase regarding digimon, but then we grew up.

Even though I joined in mid 2011-- which is um 5 years ago, I feel like before, everything was much more fun. There were more theories, more interactions and just more activity over all. Everyone was having fun, trying to discover digimon together and just enjoying ourselves.

I know it's ignorant of me to say that, since I wasn't there in the very beginning, but I was there when DRP closed down, and all these other sites surfaced [mine included]. And I feel like that's when everything sorta changed? I'm not sure.

I just feel like now everybody I know has it all "figured out" and there's no fun anymore.
Back to top Go down
1337F0X

Birthday : 1994-09-14

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyFri 06 May 2016, 1:41 pm

Oh man I remember this site! OPEN TOPIC 4030359823 this and DFT were two of the first Digimon Believer sites I joined! Man it feels like it was a life time ago. Though the years have gone by I'm still a strong believer and my bond with my partner has never been stronger. OPEN TOPIC 917720668
Back to top Go down
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheDBU/index/
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyFri 06 May 2016, 3:04 pm

1337F0X wrote:
Oh man I remember this site! OPEN TOPIC 4030359823 this and DFT were two of the first Digimon Believer sites I joined! Man it feels like it was a life time ago. Though the years have gone by I'm still a strong believer and my bond with my partner has never been stronger. OPEN TOPIC 917720668

Oh man I remember DFT too. I don't think it'll come back again, lol. It's been closed for a while now too. Glad to know you and your partner have a strong bond.

I only have like OC digimon to play with when I'm bored, lol. It's fun.
Back to top Go down
AnimeGenork

AnimeGenork

Birthday : 2000-11-03
Job/hobbies : Reading, Writing, Digimon, Anime, Various Other Things

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyFri 06 May 2016, 3:28 pm

pu wrote:

First of all, I want to welcome you to DB! It's so refreshing to have a new member after so many years. It's great to meet you. What can we call you?

Also, you're very welcome! To be honest, seeing your registration was what finally led me to open up a topic, lol. I just figured "what the hell" and went for it. I'm glad I did, this topic alone can bring a lot of conversation. There was actually a single topic some years back, that everyone used to talk in, so maybe this'll take its place, lol.

Anyways, I think I know which image you're referring to:

OPEN TOPIC Cd7895b27jr5O

LOL, Oh my god.... how embarrassing  OPEN TOPIC 2828593348   I was putting up such a persona at the time, trying to be all inspiring and crap. "Let us create unity, once again" *Screams*

Either way, I'm glad you made your way down here, hope to get to know ya!

Y'all can call me Akari, since that's my Digimon fanfic character's name. I have no other name I can give LOL. Or just call me AnimeGenork. Whichever.

Reading the last few posts, I'm going to add: It's not that I believe Digimon are real, but I think they can become real, you know? I mean, they are bits of data from Internet, so if it hasn't happened already, if there isn't a Digital World somewhere out there (I'm all about alternate realities), then who's to say it won't happen someday. The world is full of wonderful phenomenons, and the Digital World might just be/become one of them.

Regarding my belief in Digimon, it's the belief that Digimon is amazing, stupendous, insert other words that mean awesome here, etc. Digimon is incapable of ruining my life because my love for it goes deeper than practically anything else. I connect to every single character, and inside my really wacky imagination, they're my best friends. I couldn't ask for a more perfect anime/show/whatever to help me define who I am and how I feel about my friends and what I want to do with my life.

Simply put, I'm an ultra-fangirl who annoys the crap out of her friends. lol!

I started believing in the summer of 2013, btw. Ah, what a time.
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyFri 06 May 2016, 4:38 pm

AnimeGenork wrote:

Y'all can call me Akari, since that's my Digimon fanfic character's name. I have no other name I can give LOL. Or just call me AnimeGenork. Whichever.

Reading the last few posts, I'm going to add: It's not that I believe Digimon are real, but I think they can become real, you know? I mean, they are bits of data from Internet, so if it hasn't happened already, if there isn't a Digital World somewhere out there (I'm all about alternate realities), then who's to say it won't happen someday. The world is full of wonderful phenomenons, and the Digital World might just be/become one of them.

Regarding my belief in Digimon, it's the belief that Digimon is amazing, stupendous, insert other words that mean awesome here, etc. Digimon is incapable of ruining my life because my love for it goes deeper than practically anything else. I connect to every single character, and inside my really wacky imagination, they're my best friends. I couldn't ask for a more perfect anime/show/whatever to help me define who I am and how I feel about my friends and what I want to do with my life.

Simply put, I'm an ultra-fangirl who annoys the crap out of her friends. lol!

I started believing in the summer of 2013, btw. Ah, what a time.

Akari it is~

And YEAH! I used to have that theory that maybe digimon could exist in the future, like virtual pets and such, since they are digital monsters, hence the name "digimon". But they wouldn't be actual pets, just virtual creatures that live within the web, much like in the series.

A lot of people's experiences contradict this theory though, but I find this one to be the one that makes the most sense. Like they don't even have to be actual digital beings, just an alternate dimension/universe, only accessible through the Internet. That sounds real cool.
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptySat 07 May 2016, 10:00 am

Lol, double posting cause I really just wanted to say this somewhere...

But I feel so upset, like, maybe the word is resentful? I hate so much that I forgot about my own website, just days after I made it. I guess I just wasn't expecting it to get any attention at all, but then it did, and I just never thought to check on it again.

I regret not logging in every day, to check for new posts and new members. I wish I had stayed the whole time to meet the members that were having so many different conversations here. On a particular topic too. I just feel so frustrated, that I missed out on so much. Specially now, that most of the members that were talking on those topics are long gone and there's no way of contacting them anymore.

It just makes me feel so helpless and sad? I hate this so much, lol. I just feel like I missed out on a whole lot.

Edit: I mean it's true, I got to meet most of the members here after I rediscovered the site and was able to recover my password though. And I made good friends with them. I just wish I had been there from the start. I guess I just feel very nostalgic of something I wasn't part of.
Back to top Go down
SHOUTMON01

SHOUTMON01

Birthday : 2002-11-07
Job/hobbies : Science

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyMon 06 Jun 2016, 1:29 pm

Yeah, but when you were gone XD Katie went all crazy taking about that thing called the Digimon Acociation

(Don't know how to spell it)
Back to top Go down
https://discord.gg/awJRUjk
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyMon 06 Jun 2016, 2:29 pm

Lol, yeah. But that was all part of the fun I guess. Things definitely got out of hand while I was gone, but thanks to it, a lot of people joined the site.
Back to top Go down
Arlo

Arlo

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptyFri 10 Jun 2016, 2:33 pm

Hi, I'm Arlo. I've been a believer on and off for a good portion of my life, but never really contributed to the sites. Decided I'd register here and say that there are definitely people around, lurking like I have. We just don't post much. Everyone has their own reasons for not posting, but for me it was because I still wasn't really sure if I believed in digimon in the same context as everybody else, and I didn't really see a reason to say anything. It's cool to see this site still standing though. Even if it's closed down. It's nice to have a site to visit sometimes.
Back to top Go down
icedevil

icedevil

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Digimon believer   OPEN TOPIC EmptyFri 17 Jun 2016, 11:59 pm

I used to be a digimon believer back then in the good old days.. Though I never really had the chance find out who my digimon partner was, I was desperate on finding out who he or she was, I used to read the coolest digimon adventures that people had with their digimon and I envy their adventures a lot, I wanted to have those adventures as well but I tried everything and nothing worked, that's when I fell into a slight depression and gave up on believing that digimon exist

But now, after checking out digimon again. I decided to give it a another shot and find out who my partner digimon was, I still believe they exist! I could never give up on believing! :D digimon is life!
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptySat 18 Jun 2016, 12:12 am

Well it's definitely good to have you both! It's always exciting to see new faces around.

Also Ice, I definitely know how you feel. I grew rather depressed for a while too because everyone around me was having all these experiences, while I always remained still. Nothing ever happened, no matter how hard I tried. But, I more or less realized why at the end.

Still, believing in digimon is fun, regardless if you share the same experiences with the other members or not. So I hope you start having fun again c:
Back to top Go down
icedevil

icedevil

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptySat 18 Jun 2016, 12:23 am

Yeah.. it honestly sucked not having any progress at all searching for a digimon partner but other than that, I always enjoyed reading everyone elses stories and adventures though, everyones stories always gave me hope and made me feel a bit happy afterwards :D So yeah, I agree it is fun!
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptySat 18 Jun 2016, 12:27 am

Yeahhh, it's good for coping and escapism too. I mostly use digimon for that. My beliefs are pretty mixed but I like to go with the flow and be supportive.

Also, I've made sure to invite my friends over, so hopefully they'll be popping up soon. We all have different time zones mostly, so it might take a while, lol.

Anyways, did you ever have any suspicions on what digimon would have been your partner? Also what other sites did you join back in the day?
Back to top Go down
icedevil

icedevil

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptySat 18 Jun 2016, 12:37 am

Its okay! I happen to be the master of the waiting game... I am a very patient person! xD
I honestly had no clue who my partner was, I would love to have either monodramon or Gomamon to be my digimon partner but I was always unsure ;o;

Though, I have a really bad memory on what the site was called that I used to be on back in the day when I was really into it. I guess I could describe it, it was a yellow colored forum site and there was a mini game I think where you can feed your digimon on the site on a daily basis tho, it was pretty neat! I never gotten to the rookie level tho vov but sorry, that's all I can describe the site I guess.. xD'
Back to top Go down
Dorumon

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptySat 18 Jun 2016, 12:41 am

Aha, ha... Figured I might as well post, though unsure what about. Honestly, I'm losing a little hope as well, though I have met my partners, since our communication is absolutely terrible. But it's nice knowing they're out there with our unbreakable connection anyways? Or something. One of the two just likes to go off and fight, haha, so the most I'm worried about with that guy is that he's going to get himself killed one day.

...Man I rambled for a bit, sorry.

Speaking of sites, I'm kinda bummed DigitalUnity just up and vanished one day? I had a killer avatar on there someone made for me, but I don't know what forum software the forum was based on when it went down as a full paid site. Plus, it held a lot of memories, and my memory is terrible, so I probably lost a lot of info.

...Oh hey Icedevil that sounds like the site I was just talking about actually? Nice.
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC EmptySat 18 Jun 2016, 12:46 am

Yep, Digital Unity sounds about right! It was a pretty cool site. Each site's had its own flare. I miss DU. Anyways, how'd you two find the site?

Also: Could you guys maybe pick an avatar? It's kinda confusing for me to tell when a post ends or starts when there's no avatar to guide you. You don't have to, but yeah.

I realize Dorumon wrote on guest mode tho, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OPEN TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC Empty

Back to top Go down

OPEN TOPIC
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digimon Believers :: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT :: PLEASE READ-
Jump to: