Digimon Believers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP: 2012-2014

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OPEN TOPIC

Go down 
+15
Zemekis11
ArtMinded
~ E L I ~
Dreammaker
Snoofles
Waffle Patamon
Lord
Catzhulius
icedevil
Arlo
1337F0X
JadedAF
AnimeGenork
Duskleaf
Pugabu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Jan 2018, 11:10 pm

Kyleyzer wrote:
U must be the coolest leader I've ever seen, see when I joined this website I was a little kid and didn't post anything, now when I got ur email and saw how well u care about ur team, I'm on board OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 3087562708

LOL aww thanks, though I'm hardly a leader, just someone who's made a buncha forums when they were popular among the community. I wish I would have had the motivation to keep this particular one going, but you can't force people to keep the place active either.

Things just kept moving and people shifted and made their own groups etc. I'm just feeling a little nostalgic, lol.

How have you been?
Back to top Go down
Kyleyzer

PostSubject: Upside down   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Jan 2018, 11:14 pm

Upside down dude, but my love for Digimon is still growing
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Jan 2018, 11:19 pm

I definitely still love Digimon, but I stopped believing a long time ago. Or I guess I never really did, but I really wanted it all to be real, lol. I mostly enjoy pretending and going with the flow, cause it's fun.

I never really even watched the series much, or played the games. I just liked the actual monsters, cause they were cool and I loved the partnering concept tongue
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Jan 2018, 11:25 pm

Zemekis11 wrote:
Hey, thanks for the New Year's message, I appreciate it! How's the new site been working out? I forgot my old username unfortunately, so I had to make this new one to post. I have a site that I intend to keep up for years and years if you guys ever need forums to move onto I would carve out an area of the forums just for you guys so the dream can stay alive. I'll continue to handle all hosting and make you Admin, I don't use it for much myself.
Just hit me up if you need a place to go.
OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 3936999962

HEY!! Super sorry I totally missed this message :D\"::

DFT is pretty much dead as well, or on the verge of it, lol. It's at least still got some more activity than this site at least, but nobody really wants to open up about anything in public anymore. People have hidden in the safety of closed groups due to trolls and fear of judgment, etc. And I don't blame 'em.

A new forum sounds real cool, though I don't know if anything would really come from it, since the forum part of the community is pretty much dead. But I wouldn't stop you from starting one of your own though, I'd join for sure c:

You don't have to make me admin/staff there, since it'd be your forum, lol
Back to top Go down
Zemekis11

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Jan 2018, 11:36 pm

Pugabu wrote:

HEY!! Super sorry I totally missed this message :D\

DFT is pretty much dead as well, or on the verge of it, lol. It's at least still got some more activity than this site at least, but nobody really wants to open up about anything in public anymore. People have hidden in the safety of closed groups due to trolls and fear of judgment, etc. And I don't blame 'em.

A new forum sounds real cool, though I don't know if anything would really come from it, since the forum part of the community is pretty much dead. But I wouldn't stop you from starting one of your own though, I'd join for sure c:

You don't have to make me admin/staff there, since it'd be your forum, lol

Well I'd just make a category of the forums and make you Admin/Mod for that portion. Basically it was just an offer so that if you shut this site down again or wanted to cut back on any hosting you may be paying, I'd cover it. The site is dedicated to preserving nostalgia and a place for whichever old communities to come back together and talk about stuff. If you think it's unnecessary, then that's cool too. Just hit me up anytime if you'd like to take me up on it. Maybe I will go ahead and carve out the category and let you join in the meantime.   I also doubt anyone would move over there anyway for the reasons you outlined, I know I already have enough trouble getting people to go there. Forum culture in general is pretty dead, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptySat 06 Jan 2018, 1:53 am

I'd love to see it when it's done!! I still know some people from the community, so I'd try inviting them there as well. Oh and I'm not paying anything, Forumotion has free hosting so it's okay c:

Also hope you don't mind, but I thought it'd be cool to reply to your PM here so anybody else that reads this knows this funny story too lol:

When I first opened this forum, it was purely out of boredom and for fun. I genuinely wasn't expecting anybody to join it. I even forgot all about it and disappeared.

I don't know how it happened, but something reminded me of the forum, or I saw it linked somewhere or something, the thing is when I came back, there were a whole bunch of members that had made this forum their home, and I was like ??????whAT???

It was so bizarre, like I felt super regretful that I wasn't here for all of that, lol. Anyways, the worst part was that I had forgotten my log in information and had to struggle for weeks to recover it. I even had to contact the Forumotion staff to help me, and it was embarrassing cause I had to link them to this site
Back to top Go down
mimirabbit

mimirabbit

Job/hobbies : I love virtual pets, and I enjoy collecting blank notebooks.

PostSubject: Aww   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptySat 06 Jan 2018, 4:42 am

Hey thanks for the Happy New Years message! I smiled when I got the email, I haven't thought of this site in so long... I joined years ago and now I'm in university haha. It was really nice to have this place brought back to me! Hope everyone here is doing well:)
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptySat 06 Jan 2018, 8:51 am

mimirabbit wrote:
Hey thanks for the Happy New Years message! I smiled when I got the email, I haven't thought of this site in so long... I joined years ago and now I'm in university haha. It was really nice to have this place brought back to me! Hope everyone here is doing well:)

Hey!! Thanks for stopping by c: It's really nice to see people pop up. I'm glad I sent that email, lol.

Good luck with your studies!!
Back to top Go down
1337F0X

Birthday : 1994-09-14

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptySat 06 Jan 2018, 9:39 am

Happy new year Pugabu. May the belief never die in our hearts and may it spark in the hearts of a new generation.
Back to top Go down
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheDBU/index/
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptySat 06 Jan 2018, 9:46 am

Same to you F0X!! Hoping new members join this year, lol.
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptySat 06 Jan 2018, 12:46 pm

Hey, check out this topic I made: http://digimonforceteam.boards.net/thread/328/new-year-site
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018, 4:58 pm

KAY!! So I went ahead and finished adding the final touches to the forum; virtual-anomalies.boards.net/

Y'all can join in if you want and invite your other believer friends, etc.
Back to top Go down
1337F0X

Birthday : 1994-09-14

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2018, 9:21 am

So what happened to it? I went to log on today and it was in maintenance mode with a note saying to go to DFT.
Back to top Go down
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheDBU/index/
Arlo

Arlo

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptySat 20 Jan 2018, 8:42 pm

I received an e-mail asking to join the new site only to be redirected to DFT. What is going on?
Back to top Go down
SHOUTMON01

SHOUTMON01

Birthday : 2002-11-07
Job/hobbies : Science

PostSubject: Remembering   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptySat 03 Feb 2018, 7:37 pm

I feel quite odd looking back at the replies I have made a few years back. I was 11 I recall. I am 15 now. This amazes me, how much I have changed, how much I have grown, how much my vocabulary expanded, and how much my belief dwindled. I do still somewhat have a belief, but it does not match with others. I wanted to post this here to just say how amazed I was when I looked at all the past messages dating from 2014. I suggest all of you should do the same, to keep the nostalgia running and keep your belief high.
Back to top Go down
https://discord.gg/awJRUjk
SHOUTMON01

SHOUTMON01

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 8:46 am

I know no one uses this site, but ehhhh, I have no other site since I was banned from the main one.

Happy Odaiba Day!
Back to top Go down
SHOUTMON01

SHOUTMON01

PostSubject: Well well well....   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptySat 01 Aug 2020, 9:29 am

Once again, visiting the desolate site, to reminisce on my childhood as well as the community that impacted me in both a positive and negative manner. Many original members of this site have now disappeared to focus on their own lives. Artists, writers, and creators.

I do want to wish everyone another Happy Odaiba Day! It has been 21 years since that day.

I do hope, to those who are visiting, that you all end up being the next generation of believers and ultimately create a united community once more. We need it :).

I noticed the banner kinda died. So, here is the one that was originally made:

OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Dorumon

Dorumon

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptyFri 08 Jan 2021, 6:06 am

Thanks for saving the banner, Shoutmon. It's nice seeing your posts as any kind of activity. I think a lot about how the community's so fractured now... was never really "in on" things, so it felt sudden for a few communities in a lot of ways. I hope the younger folk, the next generation of those with partners, are able to at least take the remnants here as some proof that others are experiencing the same thing as they are, and take comfort in that, even if they don't go on to build a community themselves.
OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 3236171504
Back to top Go down
SHOUTMON01

SHOUTMON01

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptySat 06 Feb 2021, 2:05 pm

Responding to Dorumon~

I can agree with you in some ways. Way back in the days, at the prime of Digimon Communities, I think the "Big Three" were around that really united some of the Digimon Believer community. With Digimon Reality, DAHO, and this one being the three main sites that the believers were present on. Chatzy was the prime way of instant communication among the individuals.

Though, me being a young and...quite an inexperienced individual, I never really got to experience the deep and philosophical conversations that some of the community had with each other. All I did was really annoy individuals of the community and ultimately got banned from DAHO (which, until quite recently, was the last major community I partook in.)

Now, in the present, I hope those new believers that spawn out of the reignited series (Digimon Adventure 2020), find this forum and look upon it as a reference to build their own communities. I wish the best for them and am interested to see what would happen in the future. There are several notable names here that I do miss talking to. The original owner of this forum, and an individual whose name started with J.

Expect me to send another message this year in August, as I do wish to make it a yearly thing~

Until then, I hope the best for the future~!
Back to top Go down
SHOUTMON01

SHOUTMON01

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptySun 01 Aug 2021, 9:27 pm

On this day, in 1999, the original digidestined made their journey into the Digital World!

Happy Odaiba Day, 2021, 22nd anniversary!

Even though...most of this community is in shambles, I do have a belief that one day, the community might give way to a new generation of believers. Me being me, I am not sure of my belief anymore really.

Back to top Go down
SHOUTMON01

SHOUTMON01

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 EmptyTue 01 Aug 2023, 9:21 am

Happy 24th Odaiba Day!

It is crazy just how life has changed for me and many others! When I found these forums, I was a young individual looking at and learning from the world. Now, in 2023, I’m just about to graduate university. Crazy how we are all getting older and older. It seems I might be the very few left looking behind and watching. Perhaps one day I’ll get to speak with everyone again. Whether that is “Pu” or even the old DAHO owner.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

OPEN TOPIC
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digimon Believers :: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT :: PLEASE READ-
Jump to: