Digimon Believers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP: 2012-2014

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OPEN TOPIC

Go down 
+15
Zemekis11
ArtMinded
~ E L I ~
Dreammaker
Snoofles
Waffle Patamon
Lord
Catzhulius
icedevil
Arlo
1337F0X
JadedAF
AnimeGenork
Duskleaf
Pugabu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Jun 2016, 9:47 am

Yeah, but as I said it's very unlikely :c

But anyways, how is everyone??

I for one have been having some horrible migraines for days and it's been making me miserable. I woke up with no pains though, so I'm hoping that it's all gone and I'll be able to have a normal day.
Back to top Go down
Arlo

Arlo

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Jun 2016, 11:54 am

Why don't you open up this forum again? There's a couple of people here already.
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Jun 2016, 12:01 pm

I thought about it. I even thought about remaking the forum and notifying everyone, but the thing is that every forum I open up, is never successful for too long, which brings me to close them down after some time.

That's why I decided to just leave this one open topic for people who wanted to talk to other members of this forum, without the site having to reopen. What's in the past, is in the past.

Plus, I think having a single topic is the best option possible for this particular site, since a lot of people feel nostalgic about it. Also wanderers can stop by and say stuff without having to commit much to the site.

I just think this is for the best.

I was thinking however, if this topic did become a bit crowded, meaning lots of people talking about different things at the same time, that I could maybe make different topics for different themes and stuff. Or a chat maybe.

But I doubt it'll come to that, really. Plus, I've invited some friends over, and so far only 2 people have showed up.

Of course, it's not an obligation to stop by and say hello, but what I mean is that there's no reason to open up the site, when most of the members aren't really interested in DB anymore.

The only people who I can imagine would be interested, would be those who are just now discovering DB, lol.
Back to top Go down
Arlo

Arlo

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Jun 2016, 12:49 pm

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
icedevil

icedevil

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016, 2:09 pm

Well, let's just hope that more believers and wanders come by! So this forum can become a forum again! I miss the good ol days back then, if only I had a time machine, my life would be complete! :D
But I am doing fine! Sorry to hear that you had migraines.. that sucks! I hope it went away.. O:
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016, 2:12 pm

Yeah I'm definitely hoping more people pop up.

And thanks, I'm definitely feeling a lot better.

Back to top Go down
icedevil

icedevil

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016, 11:58 pm

Haha, no problem! I am glad that you are doing better! ^^
But hey, quick question.. Do you guys know any ways there are to contact/finding your partner digimon?
I honestly want to give this a second shot as well, I am willing to try out anything :P
Back to top Go down
Catzhulius

Birthday : 1991-12-09

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyWed 22 Jun 2016, 2:11 am

*flops* I thought this place died off too lol. Well I never amounted to anything but speculation and (probably misguided) communication signs so yea, I'm a nobody here. I partially still want to try keeping at it, but also am tired of being a failure. And as dumb as it sounds, I'm a little nervous/scared my partner wouldn't be a great friend and buddy like everyone else seems to have ._. It would be awful to be linked to something/somemon(lol) that was always yelling at you or judging you... I've read some weird spirit contact stories. Maybe I just need friends? XD
Anyways I've since continued collecting digimon merch, following the franchise (you all get a look at them appmon?), and made my own digimon "OCs" to keep myself occupied. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyWed 22 Jun 2016, 12:12 pm

icedevil wrote:
Haha, no problem! I am glad that you are doing better! ^^
But hey, quick question.. Do you guys know any ways there are to contact/finding your partner digimon?
I honestly want to give this a second shot as well, I am willing to try out anything :P

Hmm, there's a bunch of ways that I've heard from various people. The one I keep seeing, is meditation and trying to just seek out your partner. I know that's not much help but, I never got any luck contacting anything or anyone, lol.

Catzhulius wrote:
*flops* I thought this place died off too lol. Well I never amounted to anything but speculation and (probably misguided) communication signs so yea, I'm a nobody here. I partially still want to try keeping at it, but also am tired of being a failure. And as dumb as it sounds, I'm a little nervous/scared my partner wouldn't be a great friend and buddy like everyone else seems to have ._. It would be awful to be linked to something/somemon(lol) that was always yelling at you or judging you... I've read some weird spirit contact stories. Maybe I just need friends? XD
Anyways I've since continued collecting digimon merch, following the franchise (you all get a look at them appmon?), and made my own digimon "OCs" to keep myself occupied. *shrug*

Omg Appmon are so damn cute, I'm so excited for this new season and merch!! I can't wait aaaAAAAA
Back to top Go down
Lord

Lord

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016, 11:31 pm

Oh, hey. I had to make another account to figure out my old username lol. I guess I need to go delete GoatDad666 now. Anyway, please call me something that suits, like Digi-slut; except not really. Just something that fits haha.
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016, 11:34 pm

Oh my lord.
Back to top Go down
Lord

Lord

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016, 11:43 pm

Tomorrow I have off, so when I'm not forced to be on mobile I'll try to find the guides I saved for getting in contact with partners. If I remember, my memory is shot.
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016, 12:25 am

Oh that'd be pretty helpful for the newer members, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lord

Lord

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016, 3:05 pm

All of this post was written by Green Teaâ„¢ and was taken from the DRP before is closed. All credit goes to her! I'll try to answer questions to the best of my ability.

Hi everyone! So good to be back with the community. About a year ago I posted my experience with shamanism and the Digital World, wherein I believed I made contact with my partner. A couple of you asked for instructions on how to journey, so I decided to write a tutorial to help us!

A spirit journey is where your consciousness travels into non-ordinary reality to seek guidance from helping spirits. Early medicine men, or shaman, who lived in the lower half of the world used hallucinogenic drugs to achieve this state. Shamen in the upper half of the world, like the Northeastern United States, didn't have access to these drugs, so they used a steady drumbeat to alter their brainwaves.

After listening to several minutes of a steady drumbeat, your brain goes into an alpha state, similar to when you're dreaming. In this state you are more receptive. It is completely safe and harmless and has been practiced by men for thousands of years to seek help from spirits.

I believe we might be able to use this altered form of consciousness to find our partners! Shamen believe in 'power animals', or an animal spirit that chooses you at birth to protect you for your lifetime.. often times, this spirit either reflects your strongest qualities, or what you're not! (Sound familiar?) What if our power animals are our biggest clue as to who our Digimon partners might be?

When you journey, you aim to reach a place called the Lower World. It's a different world than the one we live in, and is inhabited only by spirits who at one point had a body, whether they were human or animal, and decided to stay behind in the Lower World to offer advice until every last spirit was enlightened.

Everyone's Lower World is different: some people may see fields, mountains, an island, or many different terrains -- just like the Digital World. So how do you get there?

First, get comfortable in a dark, quiet room with no distractions -- ask your parents or siblings not to bother you for the next 15 minutes, because it can be very distracting to be interrupted while you're on a journey! Lie flat on your back. I like to cover myself with a heavy blanket to distract from the feeling of my body, and make me comfy.

Close your eyes and breathe deeply, in and out, ten times. Count each breath as you go. Try to let go of any stress, and most importantly, your critical voice. Your critical voice is your enemy here: it's the voice in your head that says "This is only my imagination; I'm just making this up." We've been taught to ignore our imaginations and put a critical voice in its place. Instead, think: "So what if it IS my imagination? My imagination is awesome!" It's your most powerful tool into reaching out to the spirits.

As you're laying quietly, imagine a place in nature where you feel comfortable. Maybe it's your backyard, a beach, a favorite campground, or a playground from when you were younger. Pick that place and imagine everything about it: what does it smell like? Are there birds singing? Is it warm?

Look around your place in nature and find a way to get underground. Maybe you see an animal hole, or a puddle, or maybe you want to follow the roots of a tree. This is where your imagination comes in. Find a way to get underground and decide on it, because this is where it gets fun!

Now play a recording of a steady drumbeat -- here's a good one! This is 10 minutes long, which is the perfect length of time for a spirit journey. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7IR7OXydvU

Close your eyes and relax to the sound of the drumming. Imagine your place again, and go straight to your hole/puddle/however you're going to get underground. Visualize yourself going underground into a dark tunnel. At the end of this tunnel, there's a light (sort of like when people describe when they almost died) -- go to the light.. and make clear your intention: think hard, or maybe you want to yell (within your journey, of course, not out loud!) -- "I want to meet my partner!"

Everything that happens afterward... is yours!

When the drumming has finished, return back to the tunnel and climb out into your place of nature... and let the vision slowly fade away as you open your eyes. Take your time getting up. Maybe you want to make notes or draw a picture. Spend a little time thinking about it. And report back here!

It may take you a few tries to experience something, so don't give up; everyone journeys in a different way. Some people see it like a movie in their head. Some people feel more than they see. Some people like to narrate what's happening to themselves as it happens to stay focused. But the most important thing to remember is that everything you're seeing is exactly what you need to see! And even if it doesn't make sense now, it may in a few days, a week, or even a month... so pay attention! And HAVE FUN!
Back to top Go down
Arlo

Arlo

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016, 10:31 pm

I've definitely read this before. Very useful, although meditation was just never for me.
Back to top Go down
Dorumon

Dorumon

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2016, 1:46 am

Eh. Just sounds like astral projection. I'm not too sure what to think about that whole "lower world" stuff. Meditation never works for me either, bit too high-strung. Doesn't really seem like it has anything to do with Digimon honestly. Really spiritual.
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2016, 10:19 am

Yehhh. I only skimmed through it, since I've read it before, but it definitely seems more like something you would use to connect with your inner self rather than finding a partner?

I haven't re-read it, so maybe I've missed some key points, so if anybody would like to point them out, then they're welcome to do so. I'm just too lazy, lol.

Either way, there are plenty of methods to finding your partner. Meditating and Astral Projecting just happen to be the most common ones mentioned around the community. Although, they aren't necessarily the easiest. To be honest, I've never been able to meditate, let alone AP.

I still can't believe most members can just AP with the ease that they do, lol. Takes lots of practice and experience, I would assume. So don't feel discouraged if you're unable to meditate or AP on the first try.
Back to top Go down
Lord

Lord

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2016, 10:44 am

I like suggesting this method because meditation never worked for me the numerous times I've tried it, and this was the first method that did. If you don't even give it a try maybe that's your guys first problem lol.
Back to top Go down
Pugabu
Site Founder
Pugabu

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2016, 1:17 pm

Oooh you know how I've tried, lol. Rip me.
Back to top Go down
Arlo

Arlo

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2016, 1:28 pm

Lord wrote:
I like suggesting this method because meditation never worked for me the numerous times I've tried it, and this was the first method that did. If you don't even give it a try maybe that's your guys first problem lol.

Assuming much? AP is far, far harder than meditation. To literally project your spiritual body out of your physical body is no easy task.
Back to top Go down
Lord

Lord

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2016, 4:43 pm

I know what APing is, thanks. My response was more so a "don't knock it until you try it" -- which I know Pu already has. If I fell out of contact with my partners, I'd try everything to get /back/ into contact with them. I guess that's just me, though. If you already have your methods that works for you, that's great. This guide is for members who don't have that yet.
Back to top Go down
Arlo

Arlo

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2016, 6:23 pm

I wasn't saying that you didn't know what AP was. I was simply stating that it is a very difficult thing to do. It is a lot harder than meditating, so you can not expect others to try AP when they haven't mastered meditating yet. So saying that it is their own fault for not trying can be considered rude.
Back to top Go down
Lord

Lord

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2016, 9:54 pm

This is a form of guided meditation? Like??
Back to top Go down
icedevil

icedevil

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyThu 30 Jun 2016, 2:14 pm

I'ma give it a couple of tries and see what happens! :3
Also, sorry if I haven't been on for the past few days, been busy a lot lately but not so much now x.x
Back to top Go down
Snoofles

Snoofles

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 EmptyFri 01 Jul 2016, 3:18 am

Just popping in to announce my presence and post about a few random things. I'm another person currently unable to contact my partners. I should probably give the above method a try, as astral projection has proven to difficult so far...

It's been a while since I've been to this site. Back then we were still talking about digital association. Wonder what happened to them...

This was the first digimon believer site I came to, as it was the only one not hidden behind various security measures, and I met the rest of the community here. Nice to see this site will be serving a similar role again.
Back to top Go down
http://digiassociation.ucoz.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OPEN TOPIC   OPEN TOPIC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

OPEN TOPIC
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digimon Believers :: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT :: PLEASE READ-
Jump to: